28 December 2012

Smoker's carpet

"Photographed when the bed was moved in preparation for repainting the walls.  I smoked for many years and never appreciated at the time how much damage was being done to my wall hangings and decorative items."
Credit and discussion at Reddit.


  1. Yes... I've been smoke free 4 years, but 16 years of me chain-smoking in my house prior to leads to many, many disgusto moments such as above.

    That said - best wishes to all current smokers - I get it, know full well you get it too, & will never, ever proselytize. If you ever choose to quit, it'll be when *you're* ready & not a second before.

    Dear god I love second hand smoke & even that's getting hard to find! ;-)

    1. I've been smoke-free for 7 years. The urge finally does go away.

  2. Yikes. I smoked for 23 years, but I never saw residue like that. I quit when I was 38 and I am now 72. Best thing I ever did for myself (and my family).

  3. Damaged made to your wall? lol lets take a look at your lungs ....

  4. Having been in the electronics servicing trade for forty years, I have always been able to tell when a TV set or computer has been in a smoker's home. I can usually tell how much smoking goes on in the household as well.

    I have never smoked, because I have been so disgusted by what I have seen.

  5. I have almost 12 years smoke-free after smoking at least 2 packs a day for 36 years. The damage that bothers me most is the permanent discoloration of some paintings I love. Oh, and the severe asthma and COPD.

  6. yuuuuuuuck. Reminds me of this girl I once knew; she lived with her parents who were both pack a day smokers. She owned a beautiful acoustic guitar which I always enjoyed playing whenever I visited her. I was considering buying a guitar of the same brand and she let me borrow hers for a week to get a feel for it. I excitedly took it home, lovingly opened the case...and immediately closed it again and didn't touch it for the rest of the week. I hadn't noticed in her parents' smoke filled house, but once back at my own smoke-free residence the stench of stale cigarette smoke which had totally soaked into the wood was completely overpowering. Such an awful thing to happen to such a beautiful instrument.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...