16 February 2012

Sir Paul McCartney "gives up cannabis"

As reported in The Telegraph (and everywhere else):
The former Beatle said it was finally time to give up smoking the drug due to a “sense of responsibility” in caring for his daughter. 
“I smoked my share. When you’re bringing up a youngster, your sense of responsibility does kick in, if you’re lucky, at some point,” he said in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine. “Enough’s enough – you just don’t seem to think it’s necessary.”..

Bob Dylan introduced Sir Paul to marijuana in the mid-Sixties after discovering the Beatle was a “pot virgin”. Following the introduction, Sir Paul became a prolific drug user – more so than fellow band member John Lennon – experimenting with heroin, LSD and cocaine.  
Now let's see if he can make something of himself and do something productive in his life.

2 comments:

  1. "I don't actually smoke the stuff these days," he told Uncut. "It's something I've kind of grown out of."
    Paul McCartney- 2004.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3769511.stm

    Anyway - why this child and not the others? Not that I'm bothered either way - I don't smoke it and haven't for thirty years or so, but I know capable parents who do and crap parents who don't - and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, hopefully he can turn himself around given his new found sense of responsibility!

    I'm rooting for you, Paul!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...