08 January 2012

Todorovic's dartboard illusion

The two areas at the tips of the arrows are colored identically (the post at Mighty Optical Illusions offers this minor caveat: "Well, at least they should be! Please bear in mind that the picture you see below was first scanned and then uploaded by the person who sent it to me, so they might not actually be the same.")

I  had the same doubts you do, so I took little screencaps of the areas near the arrowheads and enlarged them.  Here they are, side-by-side:


Pixellated, to be sure, but I'm willing to accept that there is no substantial difference in color - certainly not to the degree seemingly apparent in the original image.

Optical illusions are such fun.  If you want to browse more of them, I have about thirty more posted in this category in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...