03 January 2012

Macmillan Love English Awards

From the publishers of the Macmillan dictionary:
Which website and which blog deserves a community-chosen award for being the best blog or best website about the English language in 2011?

Where do you go to when you need information, inspiration, guidance or resources in your desire to learn more about English or to satisfy your curiosity about the language? Who do you love, who do you trust, and who do you recommend to your friends or colleagues?

This is your chance to show your appreciation by nominating and voting for your favourite websites and blogs to recognise their contribution over the last year so that they can open the New Year with a badge of honour awarded by you.
The list of about 35 current nominees for the best blog about the English language includes five that I regularly monitor for TYWKIWDBI, but I found several others that are interesting.  It's a list worth exploring.

Addendum:  The above link died with the end of the competition, but the award winners are listed in Macmillan's blog.

2 comments:

  1. I arrived at your site looking for the top contenders for the Love English awards. I'm always looking for fresh info for my ESL classes. I followed your top five to some great stuff that will be regular resources for me. Then...I saw your "Minnesotastan" pic! I'm a displaced "Scando" myself. I recently purchased a book at a resale shop that you'd love: "Scandinavian Humor & Other Myths" by John Louis Anderson. Check it out. Can you pass on some of your top site for the award? The award page is down since the competition ended. Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't realize the link was already down. I did a search this morning and found the award winners in Macmillan's blog -

      http://www.macmillandictionaryblog.com/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...