08 March 2011

Lopsided waterbuck

From The Telegraph:
Amateur photographer Ingrid Bunse snapped this photograph of a waterbuck with lop-sided horns while on safari in the Ongava Wilderness Reserve, Namibia. She said: "When I spotted this animal I knew I had to get a picture because it was so unusual - I've never seen anything like it. I don't know what caused the horn to curl like this but it didn't seem to be too bothered by it."
It must have been that way a long time, judging by the way the tip of the horn has been burnished during grazing.

4 comments:

  1. What a spectacularly handsome creature! I have a hard time seeing that curving horn as anything but a waterbuckish fashion statement designed to make him look dashing and elegant.

    --Swift Loris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking I'm seeing a bird on his lopsided horn, but then I realize it's his ear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure he was inspired by the musician Prince becoming a symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of today's Bizarro cartoon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...