10 November 2009

Extraordinary Chickens






The latest addition to my category of recommended books is Stephen Green-Armytage's Extraordinary Chickens. It's a large-format book with spectacular studio-portrait quality photographs of a wide variety of exotic chickens. The text is brief but sufficient to the subject; you can read the book in an hour or so, but will probably want to linger a bit longer over the curious chickens and their spurs, combs, and plumage.

Photo credits top-to-bottom: Book cover, the white Silkie and the bluish Polish Frizzle from the author's website, and the Phoenix' 20-30 foot tail (!) and the Spanish White-Face's comb [both pix are in the book] from Flatrock.

2 comments:

  1. I zipped straight to Amazon to order this for my sister, a chicken nut, for Christmas. Turns out there's a new one, Extra Extraordinary Chickens, with 14 new chicken varieties not covered in the first book. So I got that one instead.

    Great tip, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should set up an Amazon referral program for the blog and get a kickback. I think there is such a thing, but I doubt it would be meaningful with a small blog like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...