18 June 2009

Coping


Somewhere I've seen a video of this same scene. As the train arrives, the market people retract the awnings; everything else is carefully positioned to correspond to the clearance of the train cars. After it passes the market returns to its usual activity.

Click to enlarge; found at Izismile (credit unknown).

Update: A tip of the hat to Ambuj Saxena for finding the video, now embedded below. One has to be awestruck sometimes by the resourcefulness and adaptibility of people.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why all your videos go directly to fullscreen after I allow script access but it annoys the hell out of me. As a rule, I don't click them anymore. Is it something Blogger does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine why that would happen, since you certainly would not be clicking the fullscreen icon on the lower right.

    The only change I make to the code before embedding is to change the width to 425 and the height to 344 (if necessary) to fit the width of my blog column. O/w, the code is unchanged from what the video would have had at its YouTube origin.

    I just checked this one at YouTube; it was 425x344 in the original, so I made no changes. Nor can I conceive of a way that the Blogger host would affect the presentation.

    Perhaps someone else can offer a comment or explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it on TV too, either on weird foods or 1000 places to see before you die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't know if you made any changes or that something beyond my control messed with my Firefox but everything's fine now. And I just saw a Common Brimstone outside my window. So this is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did nothing - perhaps the brimstone brought you some good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...