13 May 2009

Housekeeping and blogtweaking



I appreciate the responses to my post yesterday inquiring about the formatting of TYWKIWDBI and possible modifications to the blog. In view of the comments, I've decided to go ahead and prune the front page yet again.

It's now set up to show the most recent 25 posts, down from 50 the past few days and 100 in the original setup.

I've also removed about 20 of those little pictures from the right sidebar. Frankly I was getting tired of some of them anyway, and they were just spacefiller to match the long column of 100 posts.

With these two changes, I'm hoping the blog will load faster for those of you who have had problems coping with the photo- and video-intensive content. The current setup will now hold about two days' worth of my posts; those who come less often will just need to find that small-font "older post" link at the bottom of the column.

Photo created at FunPhotoBox, hat tip to the interesting Bits and Bobs blog for the idea.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, you can suggest to your readers experiencing problems to get the FlashBlock plugin for firefox:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

    As a bonus, it blocks these crappy ringtones advertisements too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the side bar should have some things to let people know who you are, interests and such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that waterfall in your blog header?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Titam recommending Bits and Bobs on the same day... I'm flatted !

    Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I just thought I'd drop a quick line to show my appreciation of your new layout. I've been a daily visitor for quite some time but the recent changes have made a big improvement.
    All the best,
    Brian Thomson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noticed your title change... made me chuckle. You should switch back and forth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...