21 April 2009

How many bloggers are there?


The numbers above are for American bloggers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, where I don't find the blogging numbers in the linked table, but they may be elsewhere.

Embedded table found at The Moderate Voice, citing an article at the WSJ:
The best studies we can find say we are a nation of over 20 million bloggers, with 1.7 million profiting from the work, and 452,000 of those using blogging as their primary source of income.
My "income" from blogging so far consists of two T-shirts from Neatorama. Since I do review books, I've thought about joining the Amazon referral program, but reading other people's experiences decided it wouldn't be worth it. And I intend for TYWKIWDBI never to have those annoying hyperlinked advertisements.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those hyperlinked ads really are annoying! Thank-you for forgoing those!

    I have done the Amazon referral programme, it was really pretty OK as long as you were willing to wait a few months for anything to accumulate on your account. But then that was back in the 90's so I don't know much about their new deal.
    I like your blog a lot though, have you thought about a donate button? Or do you have one:/ I haven't seen it if you do.
    It couldn't hurt really... seems like you have some pretty loyal fans out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought about that, but I'll defer, because then it would feel like the blogging was a "job."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on, allow us to buy you a beer or two to show our appreciation!

    Like the graph! I don't understand why bloggers are over bartenders, though. There seem to be more of the latter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...