03 January 2018

Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac - Landslide


One of the early Fleetwood Mac classics, first recorded way back in 1975, written when Stevie Nicks was experiencing some major changes in her personal and professional life.

This recording is from two decades later, in 1997 in a live performance. Her introductory comment "This is for you, Daddy," refers to her father, who was in the audience that night.

Well, I've been afraid of changing,
'cause I've built my life around you.
But time makes you bolder -
Children get older -
I'm getting older too


Reposted in 2009 after discovering another version of "Landslide," this one performed by the students of PS22 in New York City. I still prefer the Stevie Nicks version, but this one has a certain charm...


Reposted again for 2018.

6 comments:

  1. the best cover IMO would have to be the one by Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are lovely but I must confess the second just does something to me. I enjoyed watching the animation and emotion some of the kids exhibit. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dixie Chicks did a good cover on the song too. I still prefer Fleetwood Mac's version though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite version (not that anyone asked) is by a band out of Smyrna, GA, called Foxes and Fossils. You can easily find the video online.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...