13 January 2009

Childrens' "Golden Books" online


Today Neatorama posted a link to the blog "Golden Gems," which has an extensive library of the classic Golden Books scanned and available online. The images are clickable to fullscreen size. It's a nicely done specialty blog.

Sadly, the collection there does not include "The Fuzzy Duckling" from 1949, a book which was used by my mom to teach me to read before I started school. It obviously made quite an impression on me; I wonder how many other people can remember specific books they read when they were three years old?

(image credit to Amazon)

3 comments:

  1. I recall Ferdinand the Bull, the little engine that could, Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel, and Winkin, Blinkin, and nod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mister Bear Squash-you-all-flat
    was my fave

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pokey Little Puppy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...