10 November 2008

About that waterfall in the header




I received a query today from Anonymous regarding the location of the waterfall in the header of this blog. I didn't take the photo (wish I had, for several reasons); I believe I found it on the Pixdaus website, which has about 6000 pages of photos, almost none of which (unfortunately) have a proper attribution regarding the photographer or location.

I have subsequently seen this waterfall in other images and now know its identity. It is "Skogafoss," located in Iceland (top two photos above); if you search that word on Google Image Search, you can see about 10,000 pictures of the waterfall. There's also a brief writeup in Wiki.

A similar waterfall (I think perhaps located on the same escarpment) is Seljalandsfoss (bottom photo above); there are many more in a country blessed with abundant meltwater.

1 comment:

  1. That's the first thing that caught my eye on this site, because I just hiked to the top of that waterfall this past summer. The only thing that keeps you from going over is an ankle-high rope that would sooner trip you than stop you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...