22 February 2008

The Customer Is Not Always Right

Gas Station | Olympia, WA, USA

Woman: “I’ve been standing out there trying to pump gas for the last 10 minutes! Your @&$%*# gas pump is broken!”

Me: “I’m sorry. I’ll go out with you and see what I can do.”

(I see a bright red “Out of Order” bag on the nozzle; she had shoved everything into her tank, bag and all.)

Me: “Yes, that pump is broken. You’ll need to pull up to another pump.”

Woman: “Oh, well you guys should really mark it better. I wasted a lot of time here!”

Me: “Um…yes, we usually put a traffic cone in front.”

Woman: “Oh yeah…I saw it, but I didn’t know what it was for, so I just drove over it.”

(The cone was wedged under her car.)

*********

Retail | Colorado, USA

Woman: Excuse me, I’ve lost my child somewhere in the store.

Me: “Okay, I’ll get someone right away.”

(I call in a code yellow.)

Me: “Okay, how old is your child?”

Woman: “She’d just turned three. Ooohhh, what if she’s been kidnapped?”

Me: “Don’t worry, I’m sure that’s not the case.”

(Security comes up to talk to her and she turns around.)

Security: “Ma’am, how many children do you have?”

Woman: “Just one, why?”

Security: “Because your child is on your back.”

(She was wearing one of those harnesses.)

*********

Hundreds more examples at this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...